Saturday, June 25, 2011

SKIN CARE FIRST

     I think skin care is the number one thing you should do before any makeup of any sort goes on your face.  I believe that if you want your makeup to look beautiful and flawless, you must start with your SKIN FIRST. 
     I am not a Dermatologist or an esthetician.  However I did get my cosmetology license in 2003 and I feel that I have been in the beauty world long enough to know the basics of the skin care.  With that said......
     I'm just going to discuss what I know and what Ive learned that works for me. 
I cleanse my skin 2 times daily.  Once in the a.m. and Once in the p.m.  I don't always use the same products.  But, I usually complete what I have before I switch to a different product/brand.  So....the product I use know are subject to change but, when I change them Ill keep you posted. 

A.M. CLEANSE



FOAMINGLY CLEAN FACIAL WASH
1 step gentle facial wash.  It retails for $21.00 at http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/b/2633679011

Its also sold in Ulta stores.  (where I got mine)  This cleanser is from the b.right!  Radiance skincare line.  I must say.  I am in love with this cleanser.  It foams up really nice, its creamy and they makes for a nice rich lather.  You only have to use a very small amount of product and yes...... you will still have a nice without using allot of product.  I like how it leaves my skin fresh clean and squeaky feeling.  It also makes your skin brighter and leaves it glowing....no joke.  I give it a thumbs up! 
     I want to try the FACIAL POLISH as well.  Its a surface facial exfoliate.  I will keep you posted when ever i get my hands on it.  It retails for $22.  Perfect price for an awesome product. 


TONE

As a toner I use T.N. Dickinson's witch hazel.  I came across this idea also from a YouTube video a couple of years ago.  I have had no problems what so ever.  It retails for about $2.48 (?) in Walmart.  And I believe Target sales it as well.  For that price I may never buy a cosmetic toner again.  Why spend more when you get the same affect for less?  (just my thoughts)


This is what Witch hazel is said to do:Our pharmaceutical formulation of witch hazel gently cleans and refreshes skin without removing essential moisture. This exclusive multi-use formula temporarily relieves skin irritations due to minor cuts, scrapes and insect bites. Also useful to calm, cool and cleanse your face and body. Keep a bottle in your bathroom medicine cabinet, and one in your First Aid kit!




100% natural astringent for face and body



Won’t dry like alcohol



Contains no artificial fragrances or dyes



Dermatologist tested and recommended




Let me know if you guys try this.  I use this a.m. and p.m.


 










At the moment, this is the moisturizer I'm using.  Its an oil free moisturizer with SPF15.  So far so good.  Its not too oily it locks in moisture and it doesn't make me any more oily and it does not clog my pores.  You only need to use a little bit and it goes a long way.   You should always have a moisturizer with SPF in it or if it doesn't already have it you should get something separate for sun protections.  Not matter what time of year it is.  This retails for about $28. 

So for the most part this is my skin routine.  I may change up products sometimes but everyday twice a day I Cleanse, Treat and Moisturize.  As should you.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment