Thursday, June 23, 2011

SMASHBOX SOFTBOX EYE PALETTE

I saw this palette in Ulta and I wasn't sure if I "needed" it.  I thought the colors were just o.k. and didn't want to spend the $48.  However.....I am still trying to build my MUA kit and you can always use some soft neutral colors.  The quality is awesome.  very pigmented, beautiful color pay off and I know it will be worth it.  So this purchase is not for myself but more so for my clients.  I do however play around with the colors every now and then to see how many different ways they can be used and I can gage how the colors will look on different skin tones. 

It came with a double ended brush.  One side for the liner that comes in the palette and the other for the eyeshadow.  I think its more like a large blending brush. 

It also came with a small lid primer.




On each side there are eyeliners.  On the left it says BRONZE LINER  On the right it says TAUPE LINER  I don't really use the liners much but I'm sure they will come in handy someday. 


  • NECTAR, VANILLA, FLIRT
  • LUCKY PENNY, SUGAR, STONE
  • SIENNA, NUDE, TRUFFLE

I did some swatches of how they appear Blow:

TOP ROW
NECTAR, VANILLA, FLIRT



MIDDLE ROW
LUCKY PENNY, SUGAR, STONE


BOTTOM ROW
SIENNA, NUDE, TRUFFLE


So if you notice....they appear a little different on the skin then they do in the container.  That's why I wanted it.  I don't have eye shadows like it.  So, I thought they would be a good fit for my kit.  (lol)  I figure there are shades for all shades.  From the lightest to the darkest.

1 comment:

  1. Price is a lil steep but cant wait to see the looks you do with it and i love bonus products the eye primer and brush.. Keep us posted on how you like it..

    ReplyDelete